Innovation Begins with an Eye
In The Art of Innovation, IDEO founder Tom Kelley talks about how their company creates so many innovative product designs. They boil their method down into 5 steps - in their words, an embarassingly simple 5 steps:
- Understand the market, client, technology, constraints.
- Observe real people in real-life situations.
- Visualize new concepts and customers who will use them.
- Evaluate and Refine prototypes in a series of quick iterations.
- Implement the concept for commercialization.
All of this begins by looking at the world with a different eye. It requires seeing what is right there in front of everyone, but no one can see because they are busy seeing the world their own way - not the way the customer sees it.
Book Web Site: The Art Of Innovation