Monday, March 14, 2005

Innovation with a Bounce - Spalding Infusion

Innovation can come to any product or industry. How much change can go into a basketball? New sticky grips, new patterns, logo licensing ... How about putting the air pump inside the basketball? Now there is a good idea. How many times have you had to hunt up that tiny needle in order to put air into your ball? How many balls are tossed aside simply because they are flat and it is too hard to find the needle.


At my house the pump needle is a well guarded item. I keep it in my car ashtray and do not let anyone else use it or lose it. My daughter and I have been using the Infusion football. We throw a few pumps into the ball every time we use it.


Technology Review Article: Spalding: An Idea with Bounce

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home