Friday, December 22, 2006
- Name: Roger Smith
- Location: Orlando, FL, United States
Roger Smith, PhD, is an expert in the development of simulation devices and training programs. He has spent 25 years creating leading edge simulators for the Department of Defense and Intelligence agencies. He is currently the Chief Technology Officer for the Florida Hospital Nicholson Center where he is responsible for establishing the technology strategy and leading its implementation. He has served as the CTO for the U.S. Army PEO for Simulation, Training and Instrumentation (PEO-STRI); VP and CTO for training systems at Titan Corp; and Vice President of Technology at BTG Inc. He holds a Ph.D. in Computer Science, a Doctorate in Management, and an M.S. in Statistics. He has published 3 professional textbooks on simulation, 10 book chapters, and over 100 journal and conference papers. His most recent book is Innovation for Innovators: Leadership in a Changing World. He has served on the editorial boards of the Transactions on Modeling and Computer Simulation and the Research Technology Management journals.
- Fantastic Four Path Through Innovation Lifecycle
- Game Technology Disruption in the Rear View Mirror...
- Google Earth CTO -- To Build or to Sell
- Motorola CTO is Blogging Publicly
- CTOs Digging in the Dumpster
- Best Buy's Results-Only Work Environment (ROWE)
- Magazines for a CTO
- Jay Allard on Creating the Future
- 5 Patterns of the CTO
- Computerworld wants to know what a CTO does